I'm wrapping up my first phase of THT (3-day at 8-12 reps), and I'm prepping for the 5-day split.

I only have free weights in my home gym, so wondering what I can do in place of leg press and leg extensions on leg day.

The exercise bank says squats and leg-presses are interchangeable. So, can I just do 4 sets of squats, instead of 2 squats and 2 leg presses? I realize you can't really take squats to failure, so wondering if I'll get the desired results.

Also, for leg extension, there is no alternative. Should I just choose a different leg exercise?

I'm wrapping up my first phase of THT (3-day at 8-12 reps), and I'm prepping for the 5-day split. I only have free weights in my home gym, so wondering what I can do in place of leg press and leg extensions on leg day. The exercise bank says squats and leg-presses are interchangeable. So, can I just do 4 sets of squats, instead of 2 squats and 2 leg presses? I realize you can't really take squats to failure, so wondering if I'll get the desired results. Also, for leg extension, there is no alternative. Should I just choose a different leg exercise?

@mojave27 Yep you can do 4 sets of squats. Try doing lunges - 1 leg at a time in place of leg extensions - there isn't really a free-weight equivalent, but lunges will still work your quads well smile

@mojave27 Yep you can do 4 sets of squats. Try doing lunges - 1 leg at a time in place of leg extensions - there isn't really a free-weight equivalent, but lunges will still work your quads well :)

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft