I've been using eatthismuch.com to record & track my macros but find that it takes so much time every day to tweak portion sizes etc to get them close to what I need.

I'm vegetarian (I know, Mark, you don't approve smile) and I know eating the same meals again and again is a much easier way to go but I want a variety to make sure I'm getting all the vitamins etc I need.

What do you all use to make sure you hit your macros?

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

I've been using eatthismuch.com to record & track my macros but find that it takes so much time every day to tweak portion sizes etc to get them close to what I need. I'm vegetarian (I know, Mark, you don't approve :)) and I know eating the same meals again and again is a much easier way to go but I want a variety to make sure I'm getting all the vitamins etc I need. What do you all use to make sure you hit your macros? Thanks a lot for your feedback!
edited Apr 21 at 2:03 pm

@JWalker Put a few meals together consisting of your veg, protein and carb and weigh and count everything. Write it down. Now that's 1 of your go to meals.
Do again with different veg, carb and protein.
Make a few of these meals and keep them for life. Easy.
So you might weigh out 200g cooked rice, 200g cooked chicken (or tofu) and some broccoli and cauliflower. Write down all the macros/cals and count it up.
Repeat for other options - keep in a file in the kitchen.

@JWalker Put a few meals together consisting of your veg, protein and carb and weigh and count everything. Write it down. Now that's 1 of your go to meals. Do again with different veg, carb and protein. Make a few of these meals and keep them for life. Easy. So you might weigh out 200g cooked rice, 200g cooked chicken (or tofu) and some broccoli and cauliflower. Write down all the macros/cals and count it up. Repeat for other options - keep in a file in the kitchen.

@admin Mark,

You make it sound easy. I think my problem is I usually cook for the whole family so go to meals won't cut it for them.

Looks like I'll have to find time for my own cooking as well as theirs.

Thanks.

@admin Mark, You make it sound easy. I think my problem is I usually cook for the whole family so go to meals won't cut it for them. Looks like I'll have to find time for my own cooking as well as theirs. Thanks.

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft