I'll be 48 in January so age is definitely something I have to compensate for in my training. I've struggled with shoulder pain, so I took a break to work rotator cuff and rear delts a bit based on info I researched online.

I recently started back up on the 5 day plan (I took the short break after week 8 of the 3 day full body plan when my weight and reps started to decline). Shoulder feels better, but I'm struggling by the time I get to Friday's workout.

One other kind of unique issue is that I've added something to my "Back Day" workout that no doubt is playing a role in my arm fatigue. I'm trying to work my way through an "Alpha Warrior" course that we have at the gym on base. Basically all upper body obstacles, swinging across monkey bars, finger ledges, various hand grips etc..
The thing is, I can't make it through all the sections of this course - and I can't stop trying until I can beat this thing! The good news is I'm seeing improvement on the course. The bad news is that when I get to Friday's workout my arms are toast and my lifts suffer.

So I'm trying to customize my own workout routine, using as much of the THT concepts as possible. How important is the order of the days you work each body part? I'm thinking of moving the days to keep myself fresh for chest day so I can get my numbers back in the right direction. I'm also thinking of combining shoulders to another day to make it a 4 day workout so that I can get a recovery day in there somewhere.

Still looking for ideas to tweak my program to work better for an old guy that's trying to keep workouts fun but still show progress. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

I'll be 48 in January so age is definitely something I have to compensate for in my training. I've struggled with shoulder pain, so I took a break to work rotator cuff and rear delts a bit based on info I researched online. I recently started back up on the 5 day plan (I took the short break after week 8 of the 3 day full body plan when my weight and reps started to decline). Shoulder feels better, but I'm struggling by the time I get to Friday's workout. One other kind of unique issue is that I've added something to my "Back Day" workout that no doubt is playing a role in my arm fatigue. I'm trying to work my way through an "Alpha Warrior" course that we have at the gym on base. Basically all upper body obstacles, swinging across monkey bars, finger ledges, various hand grips etc.. The thing is, I can't make it through all the sections of this course - and I can't stop trying until I can beat this thing! The good news is I'm seeing improvement on the course. The bad news is that when I get to Friday's workout my arms are toast and my lifts suffer. So I'm trying to customize my own workout routine, using as much of the THT concepts as possible. How important is the order of the days you work each body part? I'm thinking of moving the days to keep myself fresh for chest day so I can get my numbers back in the right direction. I'm also thinking of combining shoulders to another day to make it a 4 day workout so that I can get a recovery day in there somewhere. Still looking for ideas to tweak my program to work better for an old guy that's trying to keep workouts fun but still show progress. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft